We comply with applicable safety, security, environment, health, packing and customs regulations. We continuously invest in order to maintain our track record of successful safety and security audits. No if or buts: it’s just the way we work.
DEUFOL is member of SEILA (Syndicat de l’Emballage Industriel) and HPE (Der Bundesverband Holzpackmittel, Paletten, Exportverpackung). Our packing is compliant with SEI and/or HPE technical specifications and standards and approved by the:
- ADR for road transport
- IATA for air transport (excluding radioactive for categories 1 and 3)
- IMDG for maritime transport
All the wood DEUFOL uses for packing is heat treated and compliant to ISPM 15 regulations. On request we can provide you with heat treatment certificates.
International Standards For Phytosanitary Measures No. 15 is an International Phytosanitary measure developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) that directly addresses the need to treat wood materials thicker than 6mm used to ship products internationally. Its main purpose is to prevent the international spread of disease and insects that could negatively affect plants or ecosystems.
ISPM 15 affects all wood packing material (pallets, crates, dunnages, etc.) requiring that they be debarked and then heat-treated and stamped or branded with a mark of compliance. This mark of compliance is colloquially known as the "wheat stamp". Products exempt from ISPM 15 are made from alternative material, like paper, plastic or wood panel products (OSB, hardboard, and plywood).
The safety of our staff is our number one concern.
We not only comply with all safety rules and guidelines on our sites (such as VCA in Belgium) – safety is also our number one objective when we pack on location (at our customer or their supplier’s site.
In order improve the security of goods and information Deufol continues to invest in:
- Access control management systems: installation of porter’s lodges, automated gates, turnstiles and fences combined with an electronic access control system for employees and visitors
- IT infrastructure: installation of redundant servers and data storage at 2 different locations.
- ERP: Deufol implements an ERP system in order to:
- Support the core processes of our business
- Install an open and transparent information flow on all levels and with our customers
- Centralize all relevant information at job level
- Extract relevant KPI’s and reports for the business and our customers