How to pack.... in a corrosion-protective seafreight packaging with aluminium foil?
How do you pack material that is sensitive to moisture? Material that you want to protect against corrosion? In this blog we explain how to do that with aluminium foil and desiccant, in an ISPM 15 compliant wooden export crate. Step by step.
- Use a tailor-made wooden ISPM 15 pallet and cover it with 4 protective layers:
- Cushioning packing mousse (PE foam foil) against scratches and vibrations
- Deufol Aluminium foil (combination plastic - ALU)
- Grease paper (prevents damage to the ALU foil)
- Cushioning packing foam (double!)
- Place the goods on the pallet and fix with screws.
- Apply sufficient desiccant (calculate quantity according to volume).
- If necessary, cover up uneven surfaces with vibration-damping material.
- Wrap it all in stretch foil.
- Produce a tailor-made cover from Deufol Aluminium foil and put it over the goods.
- Seal (melt) the ALU cover airtight.
- Extract the air from the packaging, and seal the opening in the ALU foil.
- Mount the wooden side walls (plywood panels with solid wood frame - ISPM 15 compliant and marked).
- Fit an additional plywood board and solid wood beams (ISPM 15 compliant and marked) on top: to retain the goods on the floor, and to make the box sufficiently sturdy so that it is possible to stack on top of it.
- Mount the lid.
- Apply markings (incl. ISPM15).
- Apply additional (customer specific demand) strapping & identifications.
- We used screws to make it easy to open and close the transport box.
- We use Deufol Supply Chain Solutions software for error-free packaging: By scanning the Deufol QR codes on packaging and goods, our packers make no mistakes.
- With Deufol Photodocumentation software, we can photograph the packaging process and easily manage share the photos with the customer.
Thanks to our industrial packaging team at Deufol Lier!
Do you need to pack fragile goods in corrosion-resistant packaging? Do you need a professional packaging company? Contact Deufol: