The Deufol mobile packaging teams. Better equipped than ever. With the Deufol mobile tool trolley!
The Deufol philosophy: " Becoming better every day!
Continuous improvement. It's in Deufol's DNA. In all of its activities. For our customers. For our employees. Also for our mobile packaging teams.
The challenge: Deufol mobile packaging teams can be found everywhere.
And they need their tools everywhere. Quite a lot of tools. From a small nail over strapping band to a large nail gun on compressed air.
Getting all those tools on site. Moving them easily and managing them well. That's quite a challenge. We discussed it with our mobile packaging teams. The conclusion: We can do better.
We checked the market. But we couldn't find a sufficiently large, mobile, strong and ergonomic tool trolley. We decided to design and produce our mobile tool trolley ourselves.
The process: Deufol designs its very own tool trolley!
Stage 1 : Survey.
What are the flaws of the current tool trolleys? What do the teams need? What would improve the usability? Development of the Deufol tool trolley started with a survey of our mobile packaging teams. They reported these problems:
- The existing mobile tool trolleys are too small. Not all tools fit in there. The larger tools remain in the truck. So we lose a lot of time walking back and forth from the workplace to the truck.
- Large toolboxes are not convenient, not ergonomic, not easy to use and difficult to move.
- Our current toolboxes are not rainproof. And therefore not suitable for outdoor use.
- We loose a lot of time looking for tools. Tools are regularly lost or stolen.
- Recharging our electrical equipment while on the move is often a problem. We often have to search for a power socket. And then our equipment is left unattended...
- Connecting to compressed air on location is often a problem.
Stage 2: Design.
With this info, our designers got started. Various designs were made and discussed with the mobile packing teams. Materials were chosen, dimensions determined, equipment foreseen.
Stage 3: Prototype, testing and feedback.
4 prototypes were produced and tested by our Belgian, German and Austrian teams. With their feedback, the final design was made and approved.
Stage 4: Production.
The prototype is approved and production of the first tool trolleys for the Deufol sites is running smoothly. The first 16 units have already been produced. Another 30 will follow in the coming months.
By mid 2021 the European Deufol mobile packaging teams will have their own Deufol tool trolley!
The result: The DEUFOL heavy duty tool trolley. The advantages:
The Deufol mobile teams will soon be better equipped. To pack on the move. At any location. For you!
Would you like to find out more about Deufol's on-site industrial packaging capabilities?
Would you also like a robust tool trolley for your mobile teams?