Case study: industrial relocation. From Belgium to China.
The challenge: An industrial relocation. International. Urgent.
A full fleet of machines. 17 heavy machines, of which 12 are too large for a standard DV container. With accompanying peripheral equipment and infrastructure. Good for 309 tons of material!
Urgent to move. From the factory in Belgium to China. Without delays & without damage.
That was the challenge our customer contacted us for.
The Deufol approach:
1. Measurement on site, drawing up a plan of action and price calculation
After the initial contact - on Friday afternoon - our removal experts were on site. On Monday morning! Data was collected. Machines measured. Needs were discussed.
We drew up a plan of action, including timing. And we calculated the cost.
2. Dismantling and transport to the Deufol HUB in the port of export
Deufol can carry out packing on site thanks to well-equipped mobile teams. However, in this case we opted for cost-efficient packing in the Deufol HUB in the port of Antwerp.
After dismantling, we transported the installations from the factory to the Deufol HUB. Partly by exceptional transport - 15 trucks - and partly by normal transport - 10 trucks.
3. Seaworthy packaging and container stuffing at the Deufol HUB in Antwerp
We packed the machines and installations in seaworthy packaging suitable for breakbulk and container transport to China.
Corrosion-resistant protection was provided for everything: an aluminium foil with desiccant.
The installations that fitted into a standard container were placed on wooden skids and stuffed into sea containers.
The machines that were too big for a standard container (OOG, Out of Gauge) were packed in a seaworthy box: a wooden bottom with OSB walls and a rainproof foil on top. With steel reinforcements for safe and damage-free hoisting. The breakbulk crates were stuffed onto flat racks.
The total shipment:
- 17 heavy machines with peripheral equipment
- Packed in 19 crates and on 12 skids
- 350 Tons with a volume of 1150 m3
- Stowed on 12x40' Flat Racks and in 10x40' High Cube containers
4. Export declaration, shipping and ocean freight
We took care of the customs formalities and organized the sea transport.
We handled the traction (transport of the containers empty & full) and the transport from the Deufol HUB to the export quay Partly by barge, thanks to our water-bound location.
And of course we will follow up on the shipment until it arrives at its destination.
The Deufol added value in industrial relocation:
- Fast response times.
- Project follow-up from A to Z. Single point of contact. Always available.
- Export packaging fully in-house. ISPM15, HPE and SEI compliant.
- Sufficient capacity for the bigger projects. For packaging, transport and storage.
- Collect your freight at Deufol HUBs in the various export ports: the seaports of Antwerp, Hamburg and Bremerhaven. And the airports of Brussels, Paris and Frankfurt.
- Additional services for industrial relocation such as: customs declarations, transport organization, disassembly and assembly at destination, continuous monitoring of your freight.
- Years of expertise and a global presence (90+ Deufol sites worldwide)
Are you facing the challenge of an industrial move?
Do you need a reliable expert for disassembly, packing and export?
Would you like to learn more about the DEUFOL HUB solution for your goods flows?